Love At First Sight
Love is a complicated matter and many people seem to take it too lightly. Mostly at a young age, physical attraction can lead to infatuation and misguided intentions. When a young couple begin engaging in activities that they are driven towards because of over active hormones, more often than not, they place themselves on a path to a hard, unsatisfying, or at least, a very inconvenient life in the future.
Why Love at first sight is not practical
Okay, I am certain that the romantics will argue that love is not about logic and practicality and I couldn’t agree with your more. Love as a form of reason or motivation has been known to create some of the worse situations a person can find themselves in, for example, the assassination of presidents.
At a young age, when you are most susceptible to the idea of love at first sight, you have no clue what it means to love someone, or what a functional relationship demands of each member. That aside, at this stage in your life, you have no idea of what you want for yourself in the future. Yet, here you are engaging in life changing and life creating activities, without any thoughts to the consequences.
How it should work
Love is a beautiful thing, when expressed correctly with full awareness of life and reality. Love at first sight can be an amazing experience if the two parties involved are conscious, thoughtful people who can discuss the situation honestly and rationally. Sadly this is often not the case, most people pretend to be someone they are not because they believe that their crush would be better attracted to that version of themselves.
Over the years, society has found many ways of making discussions about sexuality and relationships, somewhat taboo. As a result, many young people find themselves engaging in these activities without any guidance other than that of their natural desires. This is dangerous, in our attempts to discourage these activities among young people, we have made it likely for them to make huge mistakes due to lack of proper guidance and instruction.
So I agree, love at first sight is a wonderful thing, however, more focus should be placed on understanding what life is about and how our decisions can affect our future happiness. With the right approach, each of us can enjoy a long, happy, fulfilling life with the person of our dreams.
Interesting Ideas For An Opinion Essay About Love At First Sight
Does the idea of falling in love the first time you see a person seem realistic and possible to you. Do you agree or do you disagree/ this subject can make for a great opinion paper. Use our hints and suggestions on the topic.
Several Innovative and Interesting Ideas on a Love at First Sight Opinion Essay
- Take a side, pro or con to the general question
- Explore if the phenomena is lasting
- What are the symptoms of this strange occurrence beyond falling head over heels, prove your answer
- Can it happen at any age, or does one age range (such as teenagers) have a higher occurrence than others
- Is it just a fleeting emotion than is more akin to lust than it is to actual love, why or why not
- What has the greatest example of this occurrence in novels, the movies, or in real life
- What does science, if any role, have to do with this event
- How do you know if this attraction will last, what signs are there for exploration
Once you select your topic for your piece, there will be some very important things for you to remember. You have to make sure that:
- The paper is still written in an academic tone even though the subject seems lighter, use third person point of view, and follow all academic writing rules
- The paper will still need sources, you could interview people who have experienced this, scientists, experts on love marriage counselors, and such people
- Because you will have sources, you will still have intext citations and you will be required to have a reference page, you will want to find out what style the teacher wants you to use (such as MLA or APA) and if the teacher wants a Works Cited or Bibliography reference page
- When you look for written references online or at the media center, make sure to use the academic databases, not the advice from a 13 year who wrote a blog about falling head over heels for someone
- Always turn to help if you find you do not know what you are doing in this composition, you can go see your teacher, get peer help, go to the writing lab, hire a tutor, use a model, use a template, or turn to a professional writing group for your assistance